Call for a greater continuity between WWForums
Water stakeholders’ call for a greater continuity between World Water Forums
Many people are working hard to contribute to the world water forum. You are one of these people.
Please sign in the comments section at the bottom to call for more continuity between Forums so your contribution is not lost. Spread the word!
As youth water stakeholders, we strongly feel the need to cast in stone the importance of inclusiveness, continuity and working towards a better a better future together. Therefore we ask you to support our call to plead for a renewed commitment on the facilitation of input from all water stakeholders and continuity between the World Water Forums. Stronger structures are needed to ensure that the networks, knowledge and progress started in the previous Forums and other important events are linked and continued and that the next Forum builds upon it.
We, undersigned, water stakeholders, participants and organisers of sessions in the 6th World Water Forum, gathered in Marseilles, France, for contributing to the preparation process from all over the world:
1. Recognise the urgency to develop and implement solutions to the water crisis the world is facing and to make water a tool for the sustainable development of our planet and its societies;
2. Recognise the fundamental role of the World Water Forum in mobilizing water stakeholders from all perspectives to create synergies and partnerships between each other to further connect them with elected politicians and other representatives of civil society in order to place water high on the global agenda and to progress toward water-related solutions;
3. Acknowledge the importance of the timely and thorough analysis of issues, the development of SMART targets and the identification of concrete solutions to address these issues and the move towards implementation through action plans and commitments;
4. Commit to work in the coming three years toward the implementation of the action plans agreed upon during the preparation and the sessions of the 6th World Water Forum, ensure continued input from the youth and other important stakeholders within this process and commit to report on the progress made at the 7th World Water Forum to be held in Daegu, Korea in 2015;
5. Urge the World Water Council and the organisers of the 7th World Water Forum to put in place a mechanism and appropriate tools that will help the youth to coordinate actions and report on the progress of our commitments so as to sustain the momentum and outcomes from this Forum and ensure proper reporting and further consolidation of our achievements in Korea in 2015;
6. Ask involved politicians and the World Water Council to collect all action plans and relevant solutions as validated by the 6th World Water Forum sessions and officially forward them to the Commission for Sustainable Development, together with this Declaration, as a contribution to the success of the Millennium Development Goals and the Rio+20 conference.